Lemon Pine Nut Parmesan Fish

A little about my friend Kelsey. I spent 6 weeks with her and her mom Jeanie on the South Pacific islands of Vanuatu. We were very limited on what we had to eat, but these two could really invent some amazing dishes from the local fruits and veggies. Kelsey's recipes are amazing. She know flavors and ingredients like no one I know. I have never met anyone so natural in the kitchen. She can create the most amazing dishes. It is such a treat when she comes to stay. I stock the fridge and she goes to work! I love to see her little mind tick as she opens up my cupboards and begins to cook.

Here is a dandy white fish recipe from my Portland friends. It's simple, but satisfying. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 ½ lb white fish
1 ½ c pine nuts
1 lemon
1 cup Parmesan
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
Dill weed (optional)
Salt and pepper

Method

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. First roast pine nuts (be careful as they burn quickly, usually takes 3-4 min at 400 degrees)
3. Place pine nuts in food processor and grind until chunky.
4. Add zest of 1 lemon, Parmesan, and flour to pine nuts and grind until a coarse meaty texture.
5. Coat baking dish with olive oil, place fish fillet down and coat with thin layer of the pine nut mixture.
6. Melt butter and squeeze ½ of lemon into it. Then drizzle over fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 20-30 min depending on thickness.
8. Top with dill as desired.

P.S. This is great served over couscous!

Popular Posts